Enjoy these gems of summer—fresh local heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil along with crispy bacon and creamy ricotta. These sandwiches are sure to please and a nice departure from your typical BLT. This recipe contains items on sale August 2-8, 2017.
- ¼ c. Belgioioso ricotta – Owner Special $2.99/16 oz. – Save $1.00
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 8 slices Plainville pork bacon, cooked crisp and drained
- 4 to 6 slices of local heirloom tomatoes, cut ½” thick
- 4 slices Weaver Street Market Wonderful or Seven Grain bread, toasted
- salt and pepper to taste
1) In food processor or blender puree the ricotta cheese. Stir in the chopped basil.
2) Spread ricotta mixture on one side of all four pieces of toasted bread.
3) Top the ricotta spread with bacon and tomatoes.
4) Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then top with the other slice of ricotta spread toast. Serve and enjoy!