Looking for something a little different for your Labor Day celebration? Weaver Street Market has the answer. These delicious kofta kebabs grill up easily and deliciously. Serve on soft, local pita bread with a cooling tzatziki sauce. And to make it extra wonderful, the Weaver Meats 80/20 ground beef is $3.00 off per pound as our weekend deal this weekend! This recipe includes items on sale August 30 to September 5, 2017.
- 1 ½ c. Greek yogurt
- 1 c. cucumber, seeded and shredded
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lb. 80/20 Weaver Meats ground beef – Weekend Deal $4.99/lb. – Save $3.00
- ¼ c. green onion (white and green parts), minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. mint leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. parsley leaves, chopped
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- ½ tsp. paprika, or cayenne if you like more heat
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 10 to 12 wooden skewers
- 1 package Med Deli pita bread
1) The night before, pour your yogurt into a paper towel or coffee filter lined strainer. Cover and place over a bowl to catch liquids that strain from the yogurt. Refrigerate overnight.
2) The next day sprinkle the cucumber with a little salt and spread over paper toweling to drain. Let the cucumber sit about 30 minutes and then wrap paper toweling around cucumber and squeeze all excess liquid out of the cucumber. When the cucumber is as dry as you can get it, place shredded cucumber in a bowl. Add strained yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and dill. Stir to combine. Refrigerate until needed.
3) In a large bowl combine the ground beef, green onion, garlic, mint, parsley, cinnamon, nutmeg, paprika, salt, and pepper. Using your hands, gently combine all ingredients. Create 10 to 12 balls and then form the balls into a “log” shape around one end of each skewer. Refrigerate until cold.
4) Heat your grill to medium to medium high heat. Grill each kofta kebab until cooked through with nice grill marks.
5) Serve on pita bread with tzatziki sauce. Serves 4 to 6.