Try these sweet, but not sinful, bites of chocolatey, nutty goodness! They come together so quickly and can be terrific snacks for the kids or on-the-go adults. Make up a batch to keep in the fridge! This recipe contains the weekend deal from May 26-29, 2017.
- 1 c. pitted dates
- 1 c. Equal Exchange raw almonds, divided – Weekend Deal $6.99/lb. – Save $5.00
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. Equal Exchange cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. dried coconut
1) In a food processor, process together dates, 1/2 cup of almonds, coconut oil, and cocoa until it forms a dough. Chill.
2) Finely chop remaining almonds and place in a bowl with the coconut. Toss to combine.
3) When date mixture is chilled scoop out 1″ balls and roll balls in between your hands to soften the outside of the ball. Place ball in the almond and coconut mixture, pressing lightly to help nut mixture to adhere to the outside of the ball. Place on a plate. Cover and chill or serve at room temperature.