Fresh crisp corn and seasonal fruit make an interesting and unique side dish. Try this salad alongside of grilled chicken or salmon or just enjoy it by itself!
Fresh Corn, Blueberry and Cherry Salad with Orange Honey Vinaigrette
- 6 ears Florida Bi-Color Corn – Sale 4/$2.00 – Save $1.00
- Salt and pepper
- 1 c. pitted and halved California Red Cherries – Sale $3.99/lb. – Save $3.00
- 1 c. blueberries
- ½ c. chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ c. parsley
1) Salt and pepper the corn and then cook the corn your preferred way (boiling, oven roasting or even
grilling for some nice charred bits. Just don’t add any oil or butter.) Allow to cool.
2) When corn is cool cut from the cob and place in a medium sized bowl with the halved cherries,
blueberries and red onion. Toss to combine.
3) In a small bowl make the vinaigrette by combining the vinegar, orange juice, ½ the orange zest, honey
and mustard. Whisk to combine.
4) Slowly add olive oil, whisking continuously.
5) Pour vinaigrette mixture over corn mixture, add parsley and toss to coat.
Chill or serve at room temperature. Serves 4 to 6.