Weaver Street Market is a community-owned food co-op. Community members become owners for a number of reasons. Many people join to support a community owned business that works to sustain the local economy. Others join for the intimate connection to neighbors and the community. Others join to be part of the worldwide co-op movement that uses business for social good.
Weaver Street Market owners enjoy numerous benefits, including
- An eight-week introductory e-coupon program for new owners, valued at more than $75.
- Owner-only specials and coupons. (View this week’s here.)
- Eligibility to join Coastal Federal Credit Union, which has a branch in Carrboro.
- An invitation to the Co-op Fair and Annual Meeting, Board meetings, and special Owner Sessions.
- An opportunity to volunteer on community projects and committees.
- A vote to choose the Board of Directors and impact the future direction of the co-op.
- Being a partner of the largest food co-op in the Southeast.