November 29 begins our annual Hope for the Holidays campaign. We’ve selected over a dozen holiday favorites, like locally grown poinsettias and our house-made stollen and quick breads. We’re also offering our popular, ready-to-give “Gifts for Good” gift packs, like the local Sweet Carolina Gift Pack and the North Carolina Beer Gift Pack. Gifts for Good feature locally produced or cooperatively produced items. In addition to a donation to Hope for the Holidays, purchasing a Gift for Good supports producers doing good in the world. Gifts for Good will be in stores throughout the holiday season.
Every time you purchase a Hope for the Holidays item, we’ll make a donation to our Cooperative Community Fund (CCF), a sustainable endowment fund for community donations. The CCF gives grants each year to local nonprofits for projects that focus on access to healthy food. This year’s recipients were the following:
- $1,850 to Transplanting Traditions Community Farm to build a commercial vegetable processing station.
- $1,350 to expand PORCH Cooks educational program in Chapel Hill-Carrboro.
- $1,130 for a weighing station for the food pantry at Orange Congregations in Mission (OCIM) in Hillsborough.
- $1,000 for improvements to the Bilingue Elementary Garden at Frank Porter Graham in Carrboro.
- $900 for continued support of TABLE’s field trip program, TABLE On the Go.
- $870 for improvements to increase sustainability of Hope Gardens in Chapel Hill.