Grilled Lamb on Sorrel & Spinach Salad
from the Kitchen of C'est Si Bon Kitchen, Dorette Snover
Sorrel and Spinach salad:
New spinach, sorrel, watercress, arugula or any combination of fresh, hearty, and forthright lettuce greens, washed and torn.
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed, salted and minced
- 2 TB sundried tomato, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup raisins
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- crushed red pepper,
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Chiffonade lettuce greens and set aside in a large bowl. Make vinaigrette by mincing garlic and chopping sun-dried tomato. Place in a large shallow bowl. Add balsamic vinegar and then olive oil, stirring with a fork to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. The dressing may separate slightly as it sits, not to worry. If possible, set aside for about 20 minutes for flavors to develop. Add the greens and toss before serving.
- 1 TB olive oil 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 TSP dried oregano
- 1/2 TSP ground cumin 1/2 TSP ground coriander
- 2 TB finely chopped mint 3 TB finely chopped parsley
- salt &freshly ground pepper zest of 1 lemon
- 2 pounds lean ground lamb
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled finely or grated
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and then sauté the onion, adding in the cumin and coriander, till soft and translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté one more minute, then remove from heat. Add fresh chopped parsley and mint. When cooled, add to the lamb and feta cheese in a bowl. Mix well and either cover and refrigerate in the bowl or form into fat ovals and place on a plate, cover and refrigerate at least 20 minutes or even overnight. When ready to eat, grill over hot coals till desired doneness.
Serve warm over the salad. Enjoy!