Cool Cucumber Soup
by Wendy Hayes, WSM Produce Manager
- 2 to 3 (depending on the size) peeled, seeded, cubed cukes
(Local ones are available!)
- 1/2 cup broth (your choice)
- 2 cups plain yogurt (save 2 Tbs. for garnish)
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 Tbs. diced red onion
- 1 Tbs. butter or olive oil
- 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- 5 -6 ounces wilted spinach (see below)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 Tbs. yogurt (saved from above)
- blender or food processor
Put cukes, 1 cup yogurt, broth, green onions, and salt in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Transfer to bowl and stir in remaining cup of yogurt (minus the 2 Tbs) and diced red onions. Start chillinï¿½.
For the garnish, heat your skillet and wilt the spinach - I like the organic baby spinach we sell in bags, or Popeye brand in a pinch.
Set aside. Saute the garlic in butter, stir in cumin, salt, and spinach. Cool and stir in yogurt until evenly blended. Dollop and swirl this into the individual serving bowls when it's time to eat. Enjoy! Love, wendy.