Vegan Chocolate Cake
This chocolate cake is perhaps the best chocolate cake EVER - it's a favorite among vegans, vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
Try a piece with a cup of coffee for a spectacular finish to a late winter dinner.
The recipe may seem somewhat unusual due to a few of the ingredients - brewed coffee, vinegar, and sucanat. But trust us, it's scrumptious.
And what's sucanat, you may ask? It's a substitute for sugar - it's organically grown, freshly squeezed sugar cane juice, evaporated by a special Swiss process (SUgar CAne NATural). In its natural state, it is highly nutritious because the molasses is not removed.
3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder, sifted
1/2 Tb Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Cups Sucanat
1 Cup Canola Oil
2 Cups Brewed Coffee
2 tsp Vanilla
1/4 Cup Vinegar
Bringing it all together:
Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
1. Combine dry ingredients at slow speed in a food processor.
2. Combine oil, coffee and vanilla.
3. Add wet ingredients to the dry at slow speed.
4. Add vinegar to the mixture until just combined.
5. Pour into pans that have been sprayed, lined with parchment, and sprayed again.
6. Bake at 300 degrees for about 45 minutes.