Grilled Yellow Fin Tuna Steaks with Sweet Corn Salad
• 5 lb. tuna steaks (This week's WSM special: From our freezer; Wild Caught Yellow Fin Tuna Steaks $7.99/lb, save $2.00/lb!)
• 1 pt. olive oil (This month's Co-op Advantage special: Zoe's Extra Virgin Olive Oil $8.99/liter, save $2.50!)
• 3 packs Italian seasoning
• 1/2 c. vinegar
1. Combine above ingredients and pour over steaks; marinate steaks for 30 minutes - 2 hours, turning once.
2. Remove fish from marinade and place on a lightly-oiled grill.
3. Cook fish 4 inches from moderately hot coals for 5-6 minutes.
4. Heat marinade to a boil and remove from heat.
5. Turn fish over and baste with marinade.
6. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until steak flakes easily with a fork.
7. Season each piece of the tuna with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
Try Yellow Fin Tuna with Sweet Corn Salad!
Sweet Corn Salad:
• 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil oil (This month's Co-op Advantage special: Zoe's Extra Virgin Olive Oil $8.99/liter, save $2.50!)
• 6 ears sweet corn, grilled with husk on, kernels cut off the cob
• 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely diced (This week's Seasonal Pick: New crop of sweet Onions 99¢/lb!)
• 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (This week's Seasonal Pick: Organic Cherry Tomatoes 2/$5.00/pint!)
• 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro leaves
• 1 teaspoon pure cane syrup
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
Heat a large nonstick skillet over a medium-high flame. Add the oil, corn and onions, and sauté for 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Allow to cool. Yield: 3 cups salad, about 6 servings Place 1/2 cup of the Sweet Corn Salad on each plate, and place tuna on top.
Craving a dessert? Since the weather warmed up quite a lot, why not have some delicious Organic Ice Cream (This month's Co-op Advantage special: Alden's Organic Ice Cream sale $3.99/48 oz, save $1.30!) Top it with seasonal Strawberries from Florida and you'll be in heaven! (This week's WSM special: Florida Strawberries 2/$6.00/1lb pkg!)