• 16 rashers of streaky bacon
• 8 chicken thighs, skin removed
• finely grated rind and juice of 1 orange
• finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
• 5 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 tbsp garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 tbsp chilli powder
• 1 tbsp paprika
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• ½ tsp dried oregano
• 1 tbsp olive oil
1. For the marinade, combine the citrus rind and juice, garlic, chilli powder, paprika, cumin, oregano and olive oil in a bowl.
2. Wrap 2 rashers of bacon around each chicken thigh. Secure with wooden cocktail sticks.
3. Arrange the wrapped chicken thighs in a baking dish.
4. Pour the marinade over the chicken, cover and let marinate 1 hour at room temperature or several hours in the refrigerator.
5. Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/375°F/gas mark 5.
6. Put the baking dish in the oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crisp, about 40 minutes for small thighs and 1 hour for large thighs. Skim the excess fat from the sauce before serving.
If you choose to grill instead of baking, make sure you pick up some Corn! (This week's Produce Special: White or Bi-color CORN, on sale 6/$3.00, reg. price $4.79/lb, save $1.02/on 6!)
For dessert: (This week's Owners Special: Julie's Organic Ice Cream Bars, on sale $1.49/ea, reg. price $1.99/ea, save .50¢/ea!)