• 6 Pork loin Chops, fat removed (This week's Owners Special: Locally Raised in NC, Boneless Pork Chops on sale $7.69/lb, reg. price $8.69/lb, save $1.00/lb!)
• 1/2 cup Water
• 1/3 cup light Soy Sauce
• 1/4 cup vegetable Oil
• 1-1/2 pounds fresh Asparagus spears, trimmed (This week's Produce Special: Fresh Asparagus, on sale $2.49/lb, reg. price $2.99/lb, save .50¢/lb!)
• 3 tablespoons Lemon Pepper seasoning
• 2 Garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons Olive Oil (Managers special: Bella Famiglia Extra Virgin Olive Oil, on sale $7.99/1 liter, reg. price $13.99/ltr, save $6.00/ltr!)
• Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In deep bowl mix marinade ingredients (water, soy sauce, vegetable oil, lemon pepper seasoning, and minced garlic). Marinade meat for at least 2 hours.
2. Lightly coat the asparagus spears with Olive Oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and leave aside.
3. Remove meat from marinade and cook over medium-high heat on greased grill for no more than 15 minutes or until done. Cooking time for second side is shorter by 1-2 minutes. 3/4" or thinner, 5-6 minutes maximum per side, thicker than 3/4" 6-7 minutes maximum per side. Do NOT over grill, or Pork chops will become tough.
4. After 2 minutes grilling Pork Chops on a side, rotate them 45 degrees for even cooking.
5. You can place the Asparagus spears on the grill 3-4 minutes before meat will be done. Grill Asparagus on a high heat.
6. Turn over Pork chops, when juices pool on upper surface and meat appears to be cooked half-way through. Serves 6.
7. Once meat and Asparagus is done to your desired tenderness, remove from the grill and serve on a plate together with your favorite Salsa. (This week's Owners Special: NEW! WSM's Spicy Salsa Ranchera, on sale $2.99/ea- small, reg. price $3.99/ea- small, save $1.00/ea!)