Sausage Pita Pizza with Veggies for two!
• 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1 tablespoons of Tomato Sauce
• 2 links Sausage, casing removed if necessary
• 1/2 red + 1/2 white Onion, thinly sliced
• 2 Pitas
• 1 Carrot, chopped
• 1 yellow bell Pepper, diced
• 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella or Cheddar
• Fresh or dry Herbs of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. On a skillet brown up with olive Oil sausage, diced onions, carrot, peppers.
3. Spread tomato sauce and a little of Olive Oil over the pita, place all sauteed ingredients, sprinkle with herbs/spices of your choice and grated cheese.
4. Spread the pitas on a large baking sheet and place in the preheated oven 8 minutes, or until the pita bread has reached desired crispness. Serve whole, or cut into slices.