Broccoli/Asparagus Chicken Casserole
(adopted from http://www.allrecipes.com)
• 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1 cup dry stuffing mix
• 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• 1 pound broccoli florets, blanched (briefly plunged into a boiling water) or steamed for a short time
• 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
• 1 pound asparagus, blanched
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Boil chicken until tender and shred or cut into bite size pieces.
Meanwhile, steam or blanch broccoli and asparagus until crisp, and slighltly tender.
3. In a small bowl mix together the soup and mayonnaise. Set aside.
In a 9x13 inch baking dish layer the chicken, broccoli, soup mixture, and cheese.
4. Sprinkle dry stuffing mix over the top and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Serves 4.