Grilled Tea Spiced Ny Strip Steak with Asparagus or Garlic Broccoli
• Olive Oil to coat & cook
• 1/4 cup oolong tea leaves, fine grind
• 4 (8 to 10 ounce) New York strip steaks
• 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
• sea salt
• 1 lb of Asparagus OR:
• Olive Oil
• 10 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon minced ginger
• 1 head broccoli, prepped into small florets and stem, peeled and cut into thin slices, blanched and shocked
• 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
• 2 cups chicken stock
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with a little water
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Very lightly coat the steaks in oil and sprinkle with tea, white pepper and salt.
2. On a hot grill, well oiled, place the steaks on cook for about 4 to 5 minutes a side, criss-crossing them for grill marks. Be careful to move steaks around if/when there are flare ups.
3. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing on the bias.
4. Place a small mound of brown rice in the middle of a plate and top with the garlic broccoli. Cut the steak on the bias and place on the broccoli. Drizzle sauce around.
In a hot wok, coat with oil and saute the garlic and ginger until soft, about 30 seconds. Add the broccoli (florets and stem). Stir-fry for 1 minute, add the oyster sauce and the stock. Check for seasoning. When liquid is boiling, add the cornstarch slurry to thicken. Cook for an additional 30 seconds and check again for seasoning.