1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 small onions, sliced
1/2 cup water
6 to 8 tablespoons horseradish sauce
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons celery salt
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup cold water
1. Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown meat on all sides in oil over medium-high heat; drain. 2. Place carrots and potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with meat and onions.
3. Combine the water, horseradish sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and celery salt. Pour over meat.
4. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
5. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into slow cooker.
6. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Yield: 6-8 servings.