Roasted Pepper-Avocado Salsa
• 1 Pepper, halved and seeded
• 3 Anaheim chile Peppers
• 4 Avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
• 4 large ripe Tomatoes, diced
• 1 large Onion, chopped
• 5 cloves Garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup Olive Oil
• 1 Lime, juiced
• 1 teaspoon kosher Salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Arrange the Peppers on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Watch carefully and broil just until the skin blackens and blisters, remove.
3. Turn the Anaheim peppers and continue broiling until all sides are done. When completed, place peppers in a sealed paper bag to steam. After 15 to 20 minutes, remove peppers from the bag and peel the skin off each one.
4. Remove stems and seeds from the Anaheim peppers. Finely chop the peppers and place in a large bowl.
5. Combine the avocados, tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, and lime juice with the pepper mixture. Season with salt and black pepper. Chill 1 hour before serving.