Orecchiette with Sausage, Tomatoes and Zucchini
• 4 tablespoons Zoe Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 7 cloves Garlic, whole smashed slightly
• 1 pound Local, all natural pork Country link Sausage, skins removed and meat crumbled
• 1 cup Alcion Chardonnay Wine
• 1 cup vegetable or Chicken Broth
• 1/2 of 28 oz. can of Glen Muir's diced fire roasted Tomatoes
• big pinch Red Pepper flakes
• 1/2-1 lb of Zucchini
• 1/3 box of Orecchiette Pasta
• Parmesan Cheese
1. In a heated saucepan, add oil, garlic and 1 Tablespoon of water. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until garlic begins to turn golden.
Add the sausage and cook, stirring until sausage begins to brown. When using tomatoes, drain the juice from the can. Add tomatoes to sauce pan.
Cook until heated through.Meanwhile, cook the orecchiette in well-salted boiling water.
2. Add the wine and broth (and red pepper flakes if using) to the sausage pan and raise the heat to medium high.
Continue to cook until the liquid has almost reduced by half. Then add the zucchini and cook about 2 minutes.
Keep warm until pasta is finished. When pasta is al dente (just cooked), toss immediately with sausage and zucchini and serve.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serves 5.