Cod Loin with Sweet Potatoes
• 2 large Pine Knot Farm Organic Sweet Potatoes
• 1 onion, diced
• 1/4 cup apple juice
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 piece of fresh ginger root, grated
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 1 green chilli, finely chopped
• 1 red pepper, diced
• 3 tbsp light or low-fat Organic Valley Organic Cream Cheese
• 1 pinch salt and fresh ground black pepper
• 3.5 oz frozen peas, defrosted
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1.3 lb Pacific Cod Loins fillet
• 2 tbsp Organic Unbleached White Flour, seasoned
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 tbsp double cream
• 3 tbsp oil, for frying
• 2 tbsp butter
• 1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
1. Set the oven to 400°F. Bake the sweet potatoes whole for approximately one hour, until soft.
2. Meanwhile, put the onion and apple juice together in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer slowly for five minutes.
3. Add garlic, ginger, cumin, chilli and red pepper. Cover and simmer for about five minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the cheese, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
4. Cut the potatoes carefully in half lengthways.
5. Scoop out the cooked potato from the centre leaving a good four centimetre border to help hold the potatoes shape.
6. Mix the flesh potato with the soft cheese. Add the peas and lemon juice and season. Fill the shells with the mixture and bake in oven for a further three minutes.
7. In the meantime, cut the cod into portion sized pieces. Remove all bones and skin if necessary. Dip the fish into the seasoned flour.
8. Beat the egg with one tablespoon of double cream. Stir in the chopped parsley.
9. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan.
10. Dip the floured cod into the egg mix and then fry for about seven minutes, until cooked through. Serve immediately with the sweet potatoes. Serves 4.