(adapted from Gordon Ramsey)
• 2 tablespoons Bella Famiglia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 lbs Local, Grass-Fed Ground Beef
• ½ tsp of ground, Black Pepper
• fresh ground White Pepper
• 1 tsp of dry Thyme
• 2 cups Onions, peeled and finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons King Arthur White Wheat Flour
• 2 Garlic cloves
• 1 ounce Organic Valley Butter
• 2 tablespoons Bionaturae Organic Crushed
• 7 ounces Gato Negro Malbec or Cabernet Sauvignon Wine
• 2 1/2 ounces Worcestershire sauce
• 1 liter Imagine Organic Chicken Broth
• 2 lbs boiled Potatoes
• 2 ounces Organic Valley Butter
• 5 ounces Organic Valley’s Organic Milk
• 2 Egg yolks from Latta’s Egg Ranch Cage-Free Eggs
1. In a large frying pan, heat the Oil until hot, add the ground beef, season with pepper and fry until well browned. With a slotted spoon, remove the meat from the pan and place in a metal colander to allow the excess fat to drain.
2. Add the onion to the pan with the thyme and garlic and a knob of butter, and cook until soft and translucent. Add the meat and tomato purée, then sprinkle over the flour. Cook stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes to cook the flour.
3. Add the red wine and Worcestershire sauce and cook until the liquid has reduced to half the original volume. Add the chicken stock, bring back to the boil, then simmer for 30-40 minutes. The mixture should be thick and glossy. Allow to cool, then check the seasoning.
4. Mash the potato until creamy and smooth. Put into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Place the milk and butter into a small pan and heat until the butter is melted and the milk is about to boil. Pour over the potatoes and beat well, adding the egg yolks and seasoning with salt and white pepper.
5. Put the mince into a large baking dish, then top with the creamed potato. Use a fork to rough up the top.
6. Place in a preheated oven at 400°F for 30 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown in color.