Lecsó (pronounced "LETCH-oh")- is an originally Hungarian, thick vegetable stew which features (autumn's best): peppers, garlic, tomatoes, onions - as its base. To learn more about Lecsó, click here.
• 2 large peeled Potatoes, cubed
• 2 cloves Garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon Organic Valley Butter or Spectrum Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 large Onion, chopped
• 1 lb of Local, hot or mild Italian Pork Sausage
• 1 green Bell Pepper, chopped
• 1 (8 ounce) Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon Paprika
• 1 (12 ounce) Muir Glen Organic Pasta Sauce
• 1 cup of Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
1. In a large pot over medium heat cook potatoes in butter with garlic, stirring frequently, not allowing garlic to burn.
2. Stir in onion, bell pepper, sausage, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, paprika and broth.
3. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are just tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Serve it hot.