• 1 pound sausages
• 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 2 carrots, chopped
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 (15 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes with juice
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 pinch ground black pepper
• 1 pinch dried oregano
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Remove casings from sausages and cut into 1-inch pieces. Place these into a 10x15-inch roasting pan. Layer the potatoes, carrots and onions over the sausages. Then pour the tomatoes over all.
3. Season with salt, ground black pepper and oregano.
4. Cover and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 60 minutes, then uncover and bake for 15 to 20 more minutes.
5. Serve with Italian bread.
Instead of throwing everything directly into the oven, I fried the breakfast turkey sausage, red onion, chopped cauliflower(7x8ziplock bag amount),(instead of carrots), and spices in a non-stick frying pan.
Added garlic powder and basil, less salt, and more oregano & pepper. While doing this I boiled the potatoes and sprayed the roasting pan with oil. Dumped everything into the pan and topped with canned whole tomatoes, Mozza, and parmesan cheese.
Baked covered for 20 minutes.