• 3 to 4 cups of Blueberries - fresh or frozen (3 cups if you like a thin pie, 4 cups if you like it a little higher!)
• 7 Tablespoons corn starch
• 3 Tablespoons of R.W. Knudsen Just Concord Grape Juice
• 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
• One 9 inch Famous WSM's pie crust
• 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon allspice
• One 9 inch deep-dish Pie Plate
• 2/3 cup granulated Sugar
• 1/4 cup sugar (OR 1/8 cup sugar and 1/8 cup Splenda)
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1/4 cup European Style Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Wash the blueberries (don't soak)
3. Pick out and remove any bits of stems
4. Mix the dry filling ingredients (2/3 cup of sugar, 7 Tablespoons of corn starch, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and/or 1/4 teaspoon of allspice.)
5. Mix in 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice, 3 Tablespoons of water (or grape juice) and stir it up.
6. Add the blueberries to the pie crust. Just pour them in! There's lots of air space and it will cook down, so don't worry if they mound up about an inch above the edge of the plate.
7. Pour the mixture of sugar, juice, etc. into the pie all over the blueberries. If it is a gloppy liquid, don't worry, just pour it somewhat evenly over the top. It will smooth itself out in the oven.
8. If you'd like the crumb topping, just mix the following ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle it over the pie.
- 1/4 cup sugar (OR 1/8 cup sugar and 1/8 cup Splenda)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 butter or margarine
9. Put the pie in the oven.
10. Cook the pie at 375 F (or 190 Celsius) for 1 hour.
11. Remove when the pie is golden and is bubbling. If it is not, check every 3 or 4 minutes until it is.
12. Set the pie on a rack to cool. Serve warm with ice cream.