Pizza on the Grill
• WSM Famous Pizza Dough - 2 dough balls will give you 4 nice sized pizzas, or 8 smaller and easy-to-manage pizzas.
• Bella Famiglia Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Spectrum Canola Oil
• Tomato Sauce, Pesto or Barbeque sauce or Bove's of Vermont Variety of Pasta Sauces.
• Precooked meat: locally produced grass fed ground beef, or other meat such as salami, Applegate all natural Hot Dogs, beef, chicken,
• Caramelized onions
• Any other favorite veggies you have around: mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, basil, garlic etc.
• Suggested cheeses: mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, ricotta, goat cheese, Parmesan, Gorgonzola
*** VEGETARIAN OPTION: Substitute chicken with Nasoya Firm/Extra Firm Tofu.
1. Thaw the frozen dough as instructed on the WSM label, and prepare the grill for high heat.
2. Cut pizza dough in half, and roll out thin to fit the grill shape, make them no more than 1/4 inch thick. Place dough in a well-oiled bowl,
and cover with a damp cloth. You can also dust a baking sheet, or a plate with flour or cornmeal for easy transport, so the dough won't stick.
(You can stack the rounds by layering waxed paper, parchment, or a clean well-floured kitchen towel in between the individual crusts.)
3. Precook the toppings (you can't grill it long enough to cook them on the pizza). Also have a shredded cheese ready to speed up the melting process.
4. When the coals are hot, have all of your toppings ready near the grill. Make sure you knock your coals down so it cooks on a lower heat, and evenly.
Spray the grill with a little oil, before putting crust on.
5. After two to three minutes, give it a little tug-it should move easily with tongs or a spatula. If it sticks, give it another minute or so, and then
remove it from the heat and transfer it to a plate or peel; flip it over so the "done" side is up, then add the toppings.
6. Return it back on the grill, close the lid, and cook until the cheese melts.
P.S. You may also turn your pizza into a calzone easily by folding the dough, wrapping it in aluminum foil and grilling for 3-5 minutes on each side.