Beer Glazed Roasted Sweet Potatoes
(Specials run from Wednesday, January 28 - Tuesday, February 3, 2014)
From our Demo Coordinator, Lisa Woodward.
3 Local Organic Sweet Potatoes $1.69/lb. save 30¢ – peeled and cut into 1” chunks
1 sweet onion cut – peeled and cut into 1 “ chunks
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. Butter
3 cloves garlic - minced
2/3 c. Natty Greene’s Buckshot Amber Ale $7.99/6 pk. Save $1-2
2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
Salt & Pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spread potatoes and onions on baking sheet.
2) Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20 minutes – or until fork tender – tossing once during roasting.
3) Meanwhile – in a sauté pan – melt butter over medium heat.
4) When butter is melted and sizzling add garlic and sauté until fragrant – about one minute.
5) Add beer and maple syrup to pan and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer until reduced and thickened.
6) When potatoes are done – add to reduced mixture in saute pan and toss to coat.
7) Season as desired with salt and pepper and serve warm. Serves 4.