Roasted Tomatoes & Gigande Beans
(Specials run from Wednesday, August 27 - Tuesday, September 2, 2014)
From our Demo Coordinator, Lisa Woodward.
1 quart Local Organic Campari Tomatoes $4.99/qt.
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 container Gigande Beans in Vinaigrette $5.99/lb. save $2
1/2 c. Part Skim or Whole Milk Mozzarella $4.99/lb. save $1 - cut in 1/2 inch cubes
2 scallions, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut tomatoes into quarters and remove stems. Toss tomatoes with olive oil and spread onto a baking sheet.
3. Roast tomatoes, turning once after 30 minutes, for one hour or until completely softened and wilted. Allow to cool.
4. Once tomatoes have cooled, in a medium bowl, combine roasted tomatoes, Gigande Beans (and their marinade), cubed cheese and scallions.
5. Toss to combine and serve at room temperature. Serves 4.