Roasted Garlic & Beer-Braised Collard Greens
(Specials run from Wednesday, October 15 - Tuesday, October 21, 2014)
From our Demo Coordinator, Lisa Woodward.
1 Tbsp. butter
1/2 c. sweet onion - diced
2 bunches Local Organic Collard Greens $1.99/bunch save 50¢ - washed, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
1/4 c. Roasted Garlic $9.99/lb. save $2 - mashed
12 oz. Highland Brewing selected varieties $7.99/6 pk. save $1 - choose an Amber or darker ale.
2 Tbsp. Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Brown Sugar $3.99/24 oz. save $1.50
Dash Worcestershire Sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Melt butter in a large pot over medium high heat.
2) Add onion to pan and sauté until translucent.
3) Add all other ingredients to pot and bring to a boil. Cook until tender but not mushy.
4) Separate greens from cooking liquid by straining. Set greens aside and return liquid to pot and bring to a boil.
Continue to boil as it reduces and will begin to thicken.
5) Once beginning to thicken you will need to stir it frequently to avoid burning. Continue to stir until and reduce until quite syrupy.
6) Pour over the greens and toss to coat.
7) Serve immediately.