Rice Noodles with Peanut Sauce
(Specials run from July 30 - August 5, 2014)
From our Demo Coordinator, Lisa Woodward.
Annie Chun’s Rice Noodles $2.39/8 oz. save $1.10
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp. red chili flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. Bulk Organic Peanut Butter $3.99/lb. save $1
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 c. Organic Broccoli $1.99/lb. save 80¢ - finely chopped
1/2 c. green onion, chopped
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
1) Prepare rice noodles per package directions and set aside.
2) Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
3) When oil is hot, add pepper flakes and garlic. Saute 30 seconds or until fragrant.
4) Add peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice and brown sugar to pan. Stir continuously until smooth and bubbly.
5) Thin sauce with water or stock if needed.
6) In a saute pan, add noodles, enough sauce to coat noodles and broccoli. Saute until noodles are coated and heated through.
7) Add green onion and cilantro to the pan and toss to combine. Serve immediately. Serves 2 as a main dish or 4 as a side dish.