Roasted Asparagus with Smokey Blue and Beer Sauce
(Specials run from Wednesday, March 25 - Tuesday, March 31, 2014)
2 lb. Asparagus $2.99/lb. Save $1
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
Salt and pepper as needed
1 Tbsp. butter
1 large onion, thinly slice
½ c. Carolina Brewery Flagship IPA selected varieties $7.99/6 pk. Cans save $1
½ c. Pacific Organic Beef Broth 2 for $5/32 oz. save $1.49
3 Tbsp. crumbled Moody Blue Smoked Blue Cheese $12.99/lb. Save $3
1. Heat the oven to 425°F. Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus and discard.
If asparagus is large you will want to use a peeler to peel the thick skin off the lower portion of each asparagus stalk.
2. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
5. Meanwhile, in a sauté pan melt the butter over medium heat.
6. Add onions to the pan and sauté until browned.
7. Add beer and stock to the pan and cook until reduced and thickened.
8. Add blue cheese to pan and stir to melt and thicken sauce.
9. Check for seasoning and serve sauce over asparagus. Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish.
From our Demo Coordinator, Lisa Woodward.
If you'd like to come and taste products at our stores, here's our in-store tasting calendar.