Lemon Cilantro Quinoa Salad
• 3 cups vegetable stock
• 1 ½ cups quinoa, uncooked
• 2 cloves garlic
• juice of 2 lemons
• ¼ cup good extra virgin olive oil
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cup chopped cilantro
• 1 cup diced tomatoes
• 1 cup diced red onion
1. In a medium sized pot, bring stock to a boil. Meanwhile, thoroughly wash quinoa in a
sieve or in a bowl of water till water is clear. Drain quinoa and add to boiling water.
Stir to separate grains. Bring water and quinoa back to a boil and then reduce heat to low.
Cover and simmer for about 15 to 18 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together garlic and lemon juice. Pour olive oil into
lemon mixture in a SLOW stream, whisking continuously until combined. Set aside.
3. Check quinoa to make sure water is absorbed and remove from heat. Let sit 3 to 5 minutes.
Pour lemon dressing into quinoa and stir gently to coat grains. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Transfer quinoa to a bowl and chill. Once chilled, add cilantro, tomatoes and
red onion. Toss to combine and serve. Makes 6 servings.