Weaver Street Market supports public schools through our School Scrip Program. The School Scrip Program is a donation program for local schools, preschool through 12th grade. Every year we donate over $40,000 to our local schools!
How does it work?
• Once your school is approved, tell parents to purchase a scrip card (a.k.a. gift card) at any Weaver Street Market location and to attach the School Scrip number to the card.
• Weaver Street Market will donate 5% of that gift card’s purchases to your school. It’s that easy!
Who can join?
• The school must be a public or private school from preschool through 12th grade that is registered with the appropriate state agency.
• The school must be located in North Carolina.
• You must fill out an application form, and it must be approved.
• No third-party or after-school non-school programs can join.
• Weaver Street Market reserves the right to accept or reject any applicant for any reason.
How do donations work?
• Donations will be made payable to the organization and mailed to the school address, listed on the application.
• Donations are paid out once a quarter in January, April, July and October.
• The school must earn a minimum of $5.00 to be paid out once a quarter; if a school earns less, payment will be rolled over to the next quarter.
Q: Where can I get an application?
Q: How do I find out if my school has a School Scrip number?
A: You can check with the Customer Service Department at any Weaver Street Market location to see if the school program is registered.
Q: What if we have a School Scrip number and want to let parents know?
Q: Why didn’t we receive a pay out?
A: You may not have had enough gift card purchases to earn a donation; contact Curt Brinkmeyer (
) if you have questions.
Q: How should I pay for the gift card?
A: Cash or check is the best way to pay for the gift card. Using a credit card incurs fees to Weaver Street Market that reduce the impact we can have in our community. If you must use a card, choosing debit for large transactions is the better option.
Q: Should I first ring up my groceries before I buy a gift card?
A: No, you should buy your gift card before you check out. Simply tell the cashier that you are interested in purchasing one.
Q: Should I discard my gift card when it is used up?
A: No, you can recharge it to continue donating to your school.
Q: Whom do I contact if I have questions about the School Scrip Program or a pay out?
A: Contact Curt Brinkmeyer in our Finance Department (