Our Demo Staff made this recipe for Vegetable Millet Cakes and sampled it in the stores, and it was extremely popular. You can find the millet in the bulk bins.
1 cup millet – cooked in 2 cups vegetable stock
1 tsp salt
1/3 cups shredded zucchini
1/3 cup shredded carrot
1/3 cup shredded or finely chopped onion
1 tsp lemon zest
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
olive oil for frying
• In large pot, simmer millet in vegetable stock and salt for 25 minutes or until all
liquid is absorbed.
• Add zucchini, carrot, onion, lemon zest and cheese and stir to combine. Continue to
cook over low until very thick – about one minute or less. Set aside to cool.
• Once millet mixture is cool, make patties from mixture.
• In a frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
• Place three or four patties in frying pan. Do not crowd the pan. Brown on each side
• Serve immediately.