3 cups clam juice, collected or bottled
1/2 lb. Core Sound chopped clams
3 slices bacon - minced
1 sweet onion, diced
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 lb. red potatoes, 1/2" dice
2 lg. carrots, 1/2" dice
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 bay leaf
2 tsp. fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried
1 cup cream
hot sauce, to taste
Worcestershire sauce, to taste
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Drain clams through strainer set over medium bowl. Add bottled clam juice to drained liquid to measure 3 cups. Set aside.
In sauté pan sauté bacon until browned. Add onion to pan and continue
to sauté until translucent. Add flour and stir till well combined. Set
3. Drizzle carrots and potatoes with olive oil and place on a
baking sheet. Roast in the oven at 375 degrees until browned and mostly
4. Place clam juice, clams, bacon and onion mixture and roasted carrots and potatoes and bay leaf in a large pot.
5. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer until clams are cooked through. About 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Add thyme, cream, hot sauce, Worcestershire and salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Serve. Serves 5.