1 Tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic – minced
½ head of cabbage, roughly chopped
12 oz. Guinness Draught Beer
1 Tbsp. mustard
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
Dash Worcestershire Sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Melt butter in a large pot over medium high heat.
2) Sauté garlic until fragrant.
3) Add all other ingredients to pot and bring to a boil. Cook until tender but not mushy.
Separate cabbage from cooking liquid by straining. Set cabbage aside
and return liquid to pot and bring to a boil. Continue to boil as it
reduces and will begin to thicken.
5) Once beginning to thicken you
will need to stir it frequently to avoid burning. Continue to stir
until and reduce until quite syrupy.
6) Pour over the cabbage and toss to coat.
7) Serve immediately.