Mangos and chili powder have always been a delightful combination. We built on that combo to give you this terrific chicken dish for dinner tonight! Sweet, juicy mangos and spicy smoked chili cheese top a chicken breast that has been nicely marinated in a combination of mango, lime, and honey with just a touch of spice. This recipe contains items on sale from August 9 to August 15, 2017.
- 2 organic ataulfo mangos, peeled and pitted – Sale $0.99/ea. – Save $1.00
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ¼ tsp. chili pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. honey, divided
- 4 Freebird organic boneless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thick – Sale $6.99/lb. – Save $1.00
- salt and pepper
- 1 c. grated Grafton Village smoked chili raw milk cheddar – Sale $8.99/lb. – Save $2.00
1) In a food processor, puree 1 mango, 1 Tbsp. lime juice, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, chili flakes, garlic clove, and 1 Tbsp. honey.
2) Place chicken breast in a bowl or plastic bag and pour mango sauce over top of chicken. Make sure all chicken is coated. Place in refrigerator overnight or for at least two hours.
3) Meanwhile dice the remaining mango and place in a bowl with remaining lime juice and honey. Toss, cover, and place in the refrigerator.
3) Once chicken has marinated, remove from marinade and set aside to drain. Salt and pepper each chicken breast.
4) Heat a sauté pan and add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to the pan. When hot, add chicken breasts and cook until browned and juices run clear.
4) Remove pan from the heat and top each chicken breast with ¼ cup of cheese and a scoop of the diced mango mixture. Serve immediately. Serves four.