This spectacularly delicious and easy marinade is perfect for flat iron steaks or other leaner cuts of meat! The abundant acids in this marinade will help break down the protein structure of the meat and make it wonderfully tender. Cook your favorite way and slice against the grain for terrific results. This recipe contains items on sale May 10-16, 2017.
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- ½ c. La Riojana extra virgin olive oil – Weekend Deal $9.99/25.5 oz. – Save 23%
- 2 local Weaver Meats pasture-raised flat iron steaks – Sale $10.99/lb. – Save $2.00
1) In a bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, worcestershire, and garlic powder.
2) Bruise rosemary and thyme sprigs by crushing lightly with your hand, the bottom of a cup, or the back of your knife. Set aside.
3) Add mustard to the soy sauce mixture and whisk briefly.
4) Add olive oil in a slow stream and whisk continuously to create an emulsion.
5) Pour into a plastic baggie and add rosemary and thyme.
6) Add steaks to the marinade and press out as much air as possible, making sure the steaks are covered.
7) Place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 2 hours. Turn steaks over occasionally during marinating. Remove steaks from marinade, discard remaining marinade, and cook steaks per chef’s preference and to preferred level of doneness.