Our demo team served this recipe in stores last weekend. It’s perfect when mangos come into season. Use our frozen shrimp, caught off the coast of North Carolina and quick-frozen at Seal the Seasons in Hillsborough.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. NC IQF Shrimp – peeled, cleaned, and deveined
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 ataulfo mango – peeled, seeded, and 1/2″ diced
- 1/2 c. fresh pineapple, 1/2″ diced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1) Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Meanwhile salt and pepper shrimp.
2) When pan is hot, add shrimp to the pan and saute until shrimp are partially cooked.
3) Add garlic to the pan and cook 30 seconds longer.
4) Add juices, mango, and pineapple to the pan and continue to cook until fruit is heated through and shrimp are fully cooked, opaque, and just beginning to curl.
5) Sprinkle with cilantro, toss to combine, check for seasoning, and serve.