Make the most of these delicious summer gems–Rainier cherries! Enjoy this salsa with chips, on a crusty baguette with a smear of goat cheese, or atop grilled pork or chicken. Pick some up for a terrific price this weekend, July 7-9, 2017, in our stores.
- 1 pound Rainier cherries, stemmed and pitted, chopped into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- ¼ c. green onions
- ½ to 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- cilantro, chopped – if desired
1) Place chopped cherries, shallots, green onions, and jalapeno in a medium sized bowl and toss to combine.
2) In a small bowl combine lime juice, orange juice, honey, vinegar and salt. Stir until combined and then pour over cherry mixture. Toss to combine.
3) Top with cilantro if desired and serve with tortilla chips, or serve over grilled meats.