WSM’s Board of Directors seeks qualified candidates to run in the 2015 Board Elections. Two seats are open for election—one consumer-owner seat and one worker-owner seat. Download an application HERE (in English) or HERE (in Spanish). Applications are due Monday, July 13.
To be eligible to serve on the WSM’s Board of Directors, an owner must be
- A WSM consumer-owner or worker-owner in good standing for at least one year at the time of application for candidacy.
- Available for monthly board meetings and other scheduled events requiring director participation and available for committee and other work outside of scheduled events.
- Willing to work cooperatively and enthusiastically within the established WSM Board framework.
In 2014, the Board established new requirements to help owners assess their interests and qualifications. The requirements encourage owners to learn about the work of the Board and its use of governance prior to seeking candidacy. These requirements for 2015 include
- Attending a 2015 Candidate Orientation Session (held on May 13 or June 17).
- Attending a Board meeting in 2015 and prior to application.
- Talking with a current Board member, prior to application, about the experience of serving on the Board.
Potential candidates are encouraged to peruse the Board sections on the website and to review the Elections Procedures Manual, which provides guidelines for candidacy and for the conduct of elections.
If you’re considering running for the Board of Directors and would like to talk with members of the Recruiting Committee about the work of the Board or to arrange private meetings, please email consumer-owner Dave Bright at firstname.lastname@example.org or worker-owner Jon McDonald at email@example.com.
If you have questions about the elections process, please contact Linda Stier, Board Director and Elections Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other questions about the Board of Directors, please contact Curt Brinkmeyer, Board Chair, at email@example.com.
To sign-up for one of the candidate orientation sessions, please contact Brenda Camp, Owner Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.