Weaver Street Market is bringing much more than a grocery store to Downtown Raleigh. We are a co-op owned by the community—those who shop and work at the market.
For the Community
• As a co-op, community drives everything we do. We’ve chosen downtown locations for all of our stores. It’s important for our marketplaces to be located in the heart of the community so they provide convenient access to food and an inviting gathering place where people can come together and connect over food.
• Our owners and shoppers give back to the community through our community food programs. Together we donated $335,255 for fresh food last year to community groups fighting hunger and $41,350 to support innovative projects that improve access to food.
By the Community
• Our co-op is owned by 22,000 consumer owners and 220 worker owners. We’ll start selling co-op shares in Raleigh on September 7. Owners make a one-time investment of $75 to receive full owner benefits. The investment is fully refundable.
• The co-op is governed by a board of directors composed of worker owners and consumer owners. Owners elect a majority of our board members.
• As a co-op, we are committed to the well-being of our employees. They earn living wages and have access to health benefits, a wellness program, and retirement plans.
As a co-op that is built “for the community, by the community,” our employees and customers share a mutual commitment to support each other and our larger community.