Wednesday, April 7, 2021
April Covid Safety Plan
We’ll continue to emphasize safety:
- Require 100% mask compliance.
- Keep dining and patios closed.
- Continue social distancing and enhanced cleaning measures.
- Request that you not eat or drink in the stores, and that you not shop if you are sick.
Please get vaccinated as soon as possible.
The vaccines are the best tool to defeat the pandemic. They are effective not only in preventing disease, but also in preventing the spread of the virus.
- Vaccinations are now available to everyone 16 and older. Please get vaccinated as soon as possible.
- 97% of WSM staff have been vaccinated.
- 45% of Orange County adults and 37% of Wake County adults are at least partially vaccinated.
Open at 8:00 AM on April 21
- We will open at 8:00 AM starting Wednesday April 21 to spread out shopping.
- We will raise our occupancy level to 30% on April 21. 100% occupancy is now permitted, but we continue to target a lower occupancy to emphasize safety.
More to-go Foods starting April 21
Starting April 21, we will offer more to-go foods in a safe manner:
- Coffee bars will open, but only for full-service and only for to-go.
- We will offer a limited selection of pre-packaged hot foods, including breakfast and lunch.
- We will offer a wider selection of single-serve pastry items.
Utilize online shopping 7 days a week
- All prices and specials are the same as in-store prices.
- Minimum order now only $30!
We will re-open outdoor dining once it’s safe
- We need to see more progress before we can safely open outdoor dining and patios.
- We need Covid cases to drop another 80% and the vaccination rate to double. That could happen in another 6 weeks or so if current trends continue.
- Although we know that it’s frustrating to wait, doing our part to defeat Covid will make it happen sooner.