Take the ‘Shop once a week’ Pledge.
Our actions make a difference.
As the state moves into Phase 2, Weaver Street Market plans to keep our customer capacity at 20%–a level that has proven effective for social distancing. You can help.
Take the ‘Shop Once a Week’ Pledge.
As a community, we have the power to protect ourselves as shoppers and workers. That’s where the ‘Shop Once a Week’ Pledge comes in. It’s a simple, yet powerful way to act together as a co-op. Taking the pledge is a commitment to:
Shop once a week and buy a week’s worth of groceries, or shop online.
Get a weekly reward.
In return for taking the pledge—and increasing safety–you’ll also receive a weekly reward, which you can redeem online as well as in- store. You’ll also get an update about the difference that you’re making to keep our co-op at 20% capacity.
Here’s what else we’ll do to maintain social distancing.
In addition to the pledge, here’s what else we’ll do to stay at 20% capacity and maintain social distancing:
- Starting Sunday May 31st, we’ll increase store hours to 10am-8pm daily. This will spread our customer count over two additional hours a day.
- Keep both indoor and outdoor dining closed.
- Continue to require face coverings, and maintain our other social distancing measures.
Our plan is based on our own experience as well as data on the pandemic.
Although 50% capacity is now permitted, we want to stay at 20%. Here’s why:
- Since we never closed our stores, we have gained experience over the last seven weeks. We have demonstrated that 20% capacity works, and we want to prevent an increase in customer traffic that would make social distancing more difficult.
- We track data from several sources. The results for North Carolina are mixed, and some models show a potential increase in the number of infections as a result of re-opening. No one knows what will happen, but we want to err on the side of safety.
Let’s work together as a co-op.
By working together as a co-op, we can do things that other businesses can’t do. Although there is a lot of attention placed on government actions, in the end it’s really up to us. Our actions as the Weaver Street community do make a difference.
Thank you for all that you’re doing.
It’s difficult to get by in these uncertain times. We know it’s stressful and we appreciate your continued efforts.
Click here to take the pledge.
Here’s the link to this week’s reward page.