A market for the community, by the community: Weaver Street is a co-op, owned by our shoppers and employees. When you buy a share in the co-op, you’re making a commitment to grow our community together, through supporting local producers, making food more accessible, and providing living wages and employee benefits; through strengthening the co-op financially by building equity and reinvesting profits back into the co-op; and by helping lead the co-op forward through participation in board elections, in owner surveys, and on owner advisory groups.
You do not need to be an owner to shop at Weaver Street, but if you decide to join you will enjoy numerous owner benefits, including
- A logo T-shirt and reusable canvas bag (vouchers sent to new owner by email)
- Invitations to new owner events
- Weekly owner coupons
- Discounted tickets to select Weaver Street events
- A right to vote in board elections, and to run for a seat on the board
- An invitation to co-op fairs and board meetings
- Eligibility to join Coastal Federal Credit Union, which has a branch in Carrboro
Becoming an owner of Weaver Street Market is easy. Download the new owner share form here.