Our Community Giving program is currently suspended while we evaluate the program and the resources available to implement it alongside our other outreach initiatives.
At WSM, we value the local communities served by our stores. Our staff members are involved in numerous volunteer activities and organizations, and we sponsor events and activities throughout the year. We donate gift cards to qualified community organizations that are hosting events that promote the mission of the co-op: making healthy food more accessible, supporting local agriculture, building community, and protecting the environment.
Due to the volume of applications and limited budgets, we review requests on the 15th of each month. We follow the guidelines below to evaluate requests, and we focus on efforts that have the greatest impact on the local communities in which we have stores. Please note that store employees do not make decisions about requests.
We are not looking for new Round Up! partners at this time.
Please submit the donation request form at least 30 days in advance of your event.
- Requests must be made formally using the donation application.
- Only one donation per year will be made to any given organization. Please plan appropriately and decide when it is best to request a donation from WSM.
- Your organization must be located within 10 miles of one of our stores, and the efforts of your organization must focus on our local community.
- All applications are reviewed equitably and are not based on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Requests from the following organizations will be considered by WSM:
- Organizations defined as nonprofit under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Public agencies
- Events, programs, and projects that focus on improving the quality of life of our community, particularly as it relates to health, nutrition, education, and environmental preservation.
- Requests from the following organizations will not be considered by WSM:
- Political or faith-based groups
- Service clubs or fraternal organizations
- Third-party fundraisers
- Private clubs funded through membership fees
- Sporting events or sports teams
- Individuals/Sponsorship of individuals
- Organizations that permit the exclusion of a group based on their race/ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or lifestyle
- Past support of an organization or event is not a guarantee of future support.