Weaver Street Market Owner Share
A market for the community, by the community: Weaver Street is a co-op, owned by our shoppers and employees. When you buy a share in the co-op, you’re making a commitment to grow our community together, through supporting local producers, making food more accessible, and providing living wages and employee benefits; through strengthening the co-op financially by building equity and reinvesting profits back into the co-op; and by helping lead the co-op forward through participation in board elections, in owner surveys, and on owner advisory groups.
You do not need to be an owner to shop at Weaver Street, but if you decide to join you will enjoy numerous owner benefits, including:
- A logo T-shirt and reusable bag
- Invitations to new owner events
- Weekly owner coupons (paused during the pandemic)
- Discounted tickets to select Weaver Street events
- A right to vote in board elections, and to run for a seat on the board
- An invitation to co-op fairs and board meetings
- Eligibility to join Coastal Credit Union, has branches throughout the Triangle
Becoming an owner of Weaver Street Market is easy.
Note: A free community share is available to qualifying SNAP recipients. Read more.
Buy Owner Share: $75
What Weaver Street Market Owners Say
I trust Weaver Street to stock sustainable, local, and organic produce and goods from companies and farms that care about their product and workers. What I value most about Weaver Street Market is our commitment to bringing real dollars to the local economy. Lots of people talk about local, but we really walk the walk.
- Weaver Street Market owners