WSM’s Board of Director’s fulfills its responsibilities through a system of governance called Policy Governance, as developed by John Carver.
Weaver Street Market’s Board policies:
- Table of Contents
- Articles of Incorporation: This document is the legal document that establishes the basic rules that govern the co-op and establish the organization’s basic purpose.
- Bylaws: These bylaws describe how our co-op does business.
- Ends: This statement describes the expectations for organizational accomplishment.
- Executive Limitations: These policies limit the authority of the general manager as he/she goes about accomplishing the Ends.
- Board Process: These policies describe the expectations the board has for itself and its work—the agreements the board has made about how it intends to perform its role.
- Board – Management Relationships: These policies describe the relationship between the board and its delegate, the general manager.