Season your salmon seasonally! A gently sweet and tart glaze made with local apple cider, ginger, and thyme is the perfect accompaniment to your seafood this time of year. Double up on the glaze if you want extra to serve with the salmon–or anything else! This recipe contains items on sale the week of December 13 to 19, 2017.
- 1 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 c. local Apple Wedge apple cider – Sale – $2.99/ ½ gallon – Save $1.00
- 1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. Lusty Monk mustard
- 1 Troller Point salmon side – Weekend Deal – $9.99/lb. – Save $4.00/lb.
- salt and pepper
1) In a sauté pan melt 1/2 of the butter over medium heat.
2) Add garlic to the pan and sauté one minute.
3) Add apple cider to the pan and allow it to cook, stirring often, until syrupy.
4) Add ginger and thyme and cook 30 seconds longer. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
5) Clean pan and return to medium heat.
6) Melt remaining butter in pan.
7) Salt and pepper both sides of the salmon side; cut salmon into pieces if it is too large to fit in your sauté pan.
8) Once butter is melted and sizzling, place salmon in pan, skin side up. Cook about 2 minutes.
9) Turn salmon over and drizzle top with some of the reserved glaze. Continue to cook until fish flakes easily and is done.
10) Serve topped with more sauce if desired.