Sweet dried figs and tart dried apricots make a perfect combination for not too sweet protein bites. Toasty oats and almonds make them a filling option for breakfast or snacks. These protein bites come together easily, are not too sticky, and roll up cleanly. The apple keeps these bites nice and moist – even after being in the fridge for a couple of days.
- 1 c. dried figs
- 1 c. hot water
- 1 small apple
- 1 c. dried apricots
- 1 c. oats, lightly toasted
- 1 c. sliced or slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- Soak figs in warm water for five minutes and then remove from water.
- Chop apple into pieces and place in the food processor. Add apricots, toasted oats, toasted almonds, and soaked figs to processor.
- Pulse until the mixture pulls together and creates a thick paste that can be formed into balls.
- Make balls from the mixture by scooping equal sized portions out and rolling into a ball using your hands.
- Toss balls in dried coconut or finely chopped nuts. – Serve or refrigerate.