- 2 to 4 lbs. corned beef brisket
- 1/4 c. honey mustard
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into disks
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Rinse the brisket, pat dry, and place on a baking pan that has been lined with foil.
3) Coat top of brisket with mustard and pierce brisket with cloves.
4) Cover with foil and place in oven. Cook slowly for 2 hours or until meat is fork tender.
5) In a bowl, toss cabbage, onions and carrot with salt, pepper and olive oil.
6) Add to brisket pan during last 45 minutes of baking time or cook in a separate pan. Cook until vegetables are tender and browned.
7) Let brisket sit for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with vegetables.