We have a great recipe for these beautiful, unique peaches from Family Tree Farms. Donut peaches are great for eating out of hand, for baking, and for adding to recipes. They don’t even need to be peeled as they have very little “fuzz.”
- 4 donut peaches, cut in half and pit removed (no need to peel)
- 4 tbsp. cold butter or butter alternative, divided
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 1 tbsp. Amoretto liqueur (optional)
- 1 tbsp. honey (include one extra tablespoon if you do not use the Amoretto)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. rolled oats
- 1/4 c. finely chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Place peaches in baking plan. The top half of each peach should be cut side down. The bottom of the peach should be cut side up in a baking pan.
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter and add, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, Amoretto (if desired), honey and lemon.
- Drizzle peaches with this mixture and place in the oven to bake for 5 minutes.
- While peaches are baking, in a bowl, combine the flour, oats, almonds, sugar, extracts, and remaining cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- To make the crumble, cut each remaining tablespoon of butter into four pieces and drop all pieces individually into the flour mixture. Tossing mixture slightly as you add the butter pieces. Then, use your hands to pinch the butter into the flour mixture, until butter is incorporated and clumps form. Do not handle it too much or the butter will melt. If the butter seems to be softening too much, you can place the bowl in the refrigerator and allow the butter to firm up for a few minutes, then proceed.
- Remove peaches from the oven and top the four bottom halves of the peaches with the crumble, mounding it slightly. Place the topped peaches back in oven for 20 to 25 minutes more.
- When peaches are tender and the crumble is crunchy, remove the peaches from the oven. Allow them to sit for five minutes.
- Place the crumble topped peach on a plate and top with the top half of the peach.
- Drizzle the peaches with any pan juices and then top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream – if desired.