This recipe features Piedmont Progressive Eggs along with other great North Carolina products. Use a bag to mix and fill the eggs neatly and quickly!
- 1 dozen Piedmont Progressive eggs, boiled, cooled, and peeled
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped Kyookz Sweet N Spicy Pickle Chipz, plus 1 tablespoon of brine
- 6 tbsp. Weaver Made Traditional or Roasted Garlic Hummus Dip (adds extra fiber, nutrients, and creaminess without the added fat of mayo)
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Cut eggs half lengthwise and place yolks in a gallon-sized plastic bag (or a bowl.)
- Add chopped pickles, pickle juice, hummus, mustard, salt, and pepper to the bag (or bowl.)
- Massage the bag until all ingredients are combined and creamy (or use a fork to combine all ingredients in the bowl.) Check for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Place the egg white halves on a plate.
- Push the yolk mixture into a corner of the bag. Cut a corner of the bag off and use like a piping bag to squeeze yolk mixture to fill each egg half (or use two spoons to fill each egg half, using one to scoop up the egg yolk mixture and the other to push it off the spoon into the egg half.)
- Once you have completed the piping, use a spoon to make sure egg yolk mixture completely fills each egg half.
- Chill and serve.