This recipe features NC Sweet Potatoes, lots of fresh veggies, Piedmont Progressive Eggs and other great North Carolina products. A combo of sweet and red potatoes makes for a healthier and more flavorful potato salad!
- 6 c. cubed sweet potatoes (more healthy potato, softer, will fall apart and give you some creaminess and a unique flavor.)
- 6 c. cubed red potatoes (waxier potato, firmer, just enough for the texture you are used to and familiar with in a potato salad.)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, plus more to season
- 1/2 c. green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c. red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. sweet onion, chopped
- 1 c. celery, chopped
- 1/2 c. Kyookz Sweet N Spicy Pickle Chipz, chopped plus 3 tablespoons of brine
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 3/4 c. plain Greek yogurt (adds extra creaminess with less fat and more probiotics and protein than mayonnaise.)
- 3 Piedmont Progressive eggs, boiled, cooled, peeled and chopped (added protein and flavor)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss cut potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper and spread on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until fork tender, tossing once while roasting. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl combine peppers, onions, celery, pickles, pickle juice, mustard, and yogurt.
- Add 2/3 of the potatoes to the bowl, mash the remaining 1/3 of the potatoes and add to the bowl as well. Stir to combine. Check for seasoning, add more salt or pepper as needed.
- Add the eggs and stir gently to combine.
- Place in refrigerator for several hours or overnight to allow flavors to meld. Serve chilled.