- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. onion, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 c. fresh blueberries
- 1/4 c. tomato paste
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. Just Date Date Syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Add olive oil to a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2) When hot, add onions and cook until translucent. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds longer.
3) Add blueberries to the pan and cook until they can be mashed easily with the back of a spoon.
4) Reduce heat to medium-low and add tomato paste, vinegar, and date syrup. Stir to combine.
5) Cook until thickened. Stirring occasionally. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as desired. Add more date syrup if needed if you want it to be sweeter. If you want a smoother sauce, once it is cool, you can puree and press it through a strainer.
Use for grilling, sandwiches, and as a dipping sauce.