Enjoy a brat today to celebrate National Bratwurst Day! Hwere is a unique recipe to kick your brat game up a notch!
- 1 lb. Firsthand Foods Bratwurst
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 1/2 a yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 large fresh peaches, diced
- 1-2 tbsp. honey, depending upon your desired level of sweetness
- Dash of red pepper flakes (if desired)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown Rice, cooked per directions
- In a saute pan, over medium heat, add the sausages. Cook, turning until all sides are browned, for about 10 minutes or until insides are no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Add onions, peppers, and garlic to the pan and saute until softened and beginning to brown.
- Add peaches and honey. Continue to saute until peaches have softened and the honey and pan juices have create a slightly thickened sauce.
- Check for seasoning, add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes as needed.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside. Wipe pan out.
- Slice bratwurst. Add one teaspoon olive oil to the pan and place slices of sausage in the pan in a single layer. Brown well and flip each slice over to brown the other side.
- Add peach mixture back to pan toss to combine. Check for seasoning and serve over rice.